My Review of Avocado Oil – Is Avocado Oil Good For Diabetes?
I know that the talk on healthy fats is super popular. Everyone is always talking about using Olive oil or EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) right!? Here’s my review of avocado oil – IS avocado oil good for diabetes??
This all started when I was talking to a friend of mine who I have learned tons of healthy eating tips from and she told me how olive oil can be bad if you get it too hot. That it actually becomes toxic in your body. Now, whether or not this is actually true, isn’t my point. But, I was using olive oil for roasting my veggies in the oven at at least 400 degrees, come to find out that’s too hot for olive oil.
I needed to find an alternative for the olive oil, with the healthy fats. That’s when another friend mentioned avocado oil:) I was thrilled to try it and my local warehouse store sells a large bottle for around $10, so it’s close to the price of olive oil. Plus sometimes olive oil tastes a little funky to me, anyhow.
Avocado Oil Benefits
- High smoke point 520 degrees vs. Olive oil at 320 degrees.
- It tastes great, actually doesn’t taste like much at all
- Great for roasting veggies
- Great for making salad dressings
- I use it for marinades for cooking on the grill
- It’s reasonably priced
- No funky taste like olive oil
Avocado Oil Downfalls
- It’s difficult to find a ready to go avocado oil spray at the grocery store (but I found one on Amazon) The other thing I’ve done is put it in an oil sprayer I fill myself:) That’s pretty helpful for roasting veggies when I spray the tops of the veggies on the sheet pan.
- I really don’t have any others…
I have found avocado oil to be pretty fantastic actually!!
11 Diabetic Friendly Snacks
To Simplify Being Healthy On The Go..
There's no reason to feel deprived as a diabetic. Grab your 11 Grab and Go Snack ideas that will make snacking enjoyable again!