My Review of the Water Pik
Have you tried a Water Pik? I have to tell you, this device has several models is about the best thing for oral hygiene.
I’m sure you’ve read all about diabetes and gum health. Here’s just a small snippet, from https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diabetes/overview/preventing-problems/gum-disease-dental-problems
How can diabetes affect my mouth?
Too much glucose, also called sugar, in your blood from diabetes can cause pain, infection, and other problems in your mouth. Your mouth includes
- your teeth
- your gums
- your jaw
- tissues such as your tongue, the roof and bottom of your mouth, and the inside of your cheeks
Needless to say, I’ve been told by my dentist that gum health is really important.
So in comes the water pik, it is a water flosser. You fill the reservoir with warm water and move the tip of the water pik around your teeth and gums. You will absolutely see pieces of food come out of your mouth, even after you brush your teeth. I know this sounds gross, but it is really great for your gum health. The other exciting part is it takes the place of flossing and helps your gums not bleed when flossing.
Here’s the model I’m currently using:
Water Pik Pros:
- Cleans between your teeth with warm water.
- Feels like a massage on your gums and between teeth.
- It takes less than 1 minute to use
- Allows you to avoid flossing (or the forgetting of flossing doesn’t matter as much)
- Keeps your gums healthier, I know I’ve forgotten to use my water pik and then it’s time for a dental cleaning, I pull it out 2 weeks prior and my gums don’t bleed at the appointment.
- It is an extra step
- It takes an extra minute twice a day (I would say it’s well worth it)
If your diabetes, like mine, has caused you to notice your gums just don’t feel quite right or your dentist has told you all about gum health and diabetes, I highly suggest the water pik.
Here’s the other model I’ve used:
11 Diabetic Friendly Snacks
To Simplify Being Healthy On The Go..
There's no reason to feel deprived as a diabetic. Grab your 11 Grab and Go Snack ideas that will make snacking enjoyable again!