As, Diabetics, We have all heard that we NEED to take good care of our feet, but what exactly does that mean?? Foot care for diabetes means several things:
- Keeping our sugar levels as low as possible helps our feet (check out our recipes page for low-carb recipes)
- Exercise is good for our circulation, thus good for our feet.
- But, what else can we do??
Here’s what I’ve been doing for the past month or so… and my feet FEEL better.
- Soaking my feet in an epsom salt bath with 3 essential oils: Lavender, Lemon & Rosemary. Lavender is calming, lemon helps remove toxins and rosemary is an uplifting oil. (try the epsom salts and oils in a full body bath too, it’s divine).
- Using a foot roller to help my sore feet, it helps get out any foot tension.
- Using lotion on my feet at night:)
Here are the other products mentioned:
Here are my favorite products for my feet, right now. Of course, over time my diabetes care changes, but for now, I’m going to keep using these products:)
11 Diabetic Friendly Snacks
To Simplify Being Healthy On The Go..
There's no reason to feel deprived as a diabetic. Grab your 11 Grab and Go Snack ideas that will make snacking enjoyable again!